Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

bay area identity

i tend to not let myself get pulled toward one side verses the other, but recent political decisions have made me excited for things to come.

yes, it happened a couple days ago...no more medicinal pot for sale. i know there are some unfortunate circumstances that involve illness and pain discomfort, but law is law. i am glad for the banning of this herb due to the mistreatment and abuse that is synonymous with it.

what is most interesting is that as i moved out here, instead of the normal pseudo-humorous questions concerning gay life and interaction, the majority of the inquiry pertains to the general opinions of the pot bars. i never felt an opinion before because i didnt live here. it didnt involve me. now i feel a bond because of my demographics.

its incredible the rush i felt as i realized i was introduced to a whole new cultural identity. now my ipod brings me into a whole new light. i now have this perplexing drive to make my feelings and opinions vocally known, start a protest, attend berkley, start wearing bohemian clothes, and yes, start smoking pot. ok, i lied. no smoking pot. you know, maybe this wont work out. well, at least i have my ipod.

hyrum

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?